We are dedicated to delivering a 4.5 Star holiday experience to all our guests, please follow this page so you can be up to date with projects happening in and around the Q1 Resort & Spa, Q1 retail precinct and Surfers Paradise.
Q1 Resort Apartments, common areas and recreational facilities
- In line with Government regulations our recreational areas have limited capacities to adhere to social distancing guidelines, at this time the Q1 Day Spa remains closed.
- Your apartment will be professionally cleaned and then sanitised after each stay, utilising a bacterial cleaning agent containing 2-Propanol (Isopropyl alcohol) which is a common ingredient in chemicals such as antiseptics and hospital grade disinfectants.
Your apartment is equipped with its own air conditioner unit with its own return air system and the air conditioner filter is sprayed with a Eucalyptus Oil based disinfectant spray and run for 11 minutes to disinfect the internal components of the unit after each stay.
The common areas are being cleaned every 3 hours from 5am to 11pm and again at 2am with an antimicrobial efficient disinfectant surface spray including all hard surfaces that may have human interaction such as door handles, frames and hand rails. Plus elevator call and floor level buttons and hand rails inside each carriage are being cleaned with the disinfectant surface spray every 2 hours.
- Alcohol based hand sanitizer is avaliable throughout the property and disinfectant wipes available upon request at Reception.
Q1 Resort has 10 residential elevators designed to reduce any possibility of overcrowding and as above these elevators are being disinfected regularly. We also have a staff elevator so the staff are not compounding any possible overcrowding situation, all elevators also have 2 ceiling fans to ventilate the elevator carriage 24/7.
- All our swimming pools and the spa water are managed by a self testing and self dosing Brauer Industries automated pool chemical dosing system with probes set to monitor any change to water quality, this enables the system to add acid and/or chlorine to the water 24/7. This system conducts a photo metric water test every 10 minutes, to measure the water quality resulting in very precise dosing and pristine water quality. Added to the system we have employed an expert to manually test and supervise the water quality daily before the pool facilities open to our guests.
A message from the General manager ...
The safety and wellbeing of our guests, staff and our Q1 community are our top priorities now and always. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation very closely and we are doing everything we can to ensure everyone remains healthy and safe.
We are committed to delivering and maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene at our property. Additional preventative measures have been put in place, including reinforcing our strict cleaning protocols.
The most recent announcement permits recreational travel in Queensland from all Australian States and Territories with the exception of Victoria from 12 noon on 10th July 2020. All interstate visitors will be required to complete and sign a "Border Declaration" at the arrival point into Queensland (e.g airport or highway state border).
Other conditions, such as prevailing social distancing and public gathering restrictions are also required to be followed. Up to date restrictions can be found on the Queensland State Government's COVID-19 Roadmap. It is recommended all guests refer to this document for the most current updates on any COVID-19 restrictions/policies. Q1 Resort provides advice through the premises via signage on any Resort facility restrictions currently in place as a result of these restrictions.
- Resort guests who may be considered a risk to other guests and staff should consider not proceeding with their reservation as we do not wish to offend, if we are forced to decline your reservation request before or on arrival, our duty of care is protect our current in house guests and staff.
- Q1 Resort has increased its schedule of cleaning and disinfecting in all common areas of the property including elevators and recreational facilities.
- Should you feel unwell at any point during your stay, please ensure you seek medical assistance. (Please contact Reception as we will be happy to assist).
- Observation of social distancing restrictions will be required at all times. This includes areas such as the swimming pool, steam, sauna & spa, gymnasium, BBQ area and elevators.
- New bookings are advised that refunds will not be provided for unavailability of any facilities closed due to COVID-19 as advice through this notice has been provided and is beyond our control.
We are continuing to monitor and act on Australian Health Department advice and are applying the restrictions detailed by the Queensland State Government as required by law. Guests can access the most up to date restrictions by accessing this link Queensland State Government's COVID-19 Roadmap.
Please refer to www.health.gov.au for the most current updates on COVID-19.
Thanks for your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you at Q1 Resort & Spa soon.
Resort General Manager | Resident Caretaker
Q1 Resort & Spa
Q1 WiFi Upgrades
Q1 Management Holiday Apartments are in the process of migrating away from a WiFi group to an individual WiFi service for each apartment with a unique login and password for each apartment.
Guests will then benefit from less traffic and an overall increase in speed and performance from the service.
Q1 Internet access INFORMATION
Q1 Resort & Spa have two internet access options for those Q1 guests that require internet access while staying at the Q1 Resort & Spa.
Q1 Resort & Spa now offer free limited capped WiFi in all apartments before charges apply. If the 1024MB (1GB) limit is exceeded guests can then purchase apartment WI-FI via the _Q1HOTSPOT which can be located by scanning WiFi networks on your device within your apartment. Once connected to the _Q1 HOTSPOT simply open a new internet browser (Chrome or Safari) and you will be greated by the login page where you can purchase your WiFi options. Hint: take a screen shot or make note of your WiFi login information once presented as you will need to enter these details into your device if your device is taken away the Q1 Property.
Guests can enjoy free WiFi access in the common areas of the Q1 Property including reception lobby and pool areas, please see the Q1 Receptionist for the daily password.
Q1 guests can also use the coin operated computers in the Business Centre located on level 2 of the Q1 Resort & Spa. These computers are linked to a shared printer. $2 will offer 21 minutes of internet access and printing. Computers take $1 and $2 coins.
SKYPOINT DECK hours of operation
Please find Skypoint's upcoming hours of operation and deck closure information at the below link